MSc Sustainable Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Put your ideas into action and shape the future of socially and environmentally responsible business by joining the Sustainable Innovation and Entrepreneurship programme at University of Birmingham.
|Full-Time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fee:||£28,530 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
This specialist course is ideal for those with a passion for sustainability who want to develop their business expertise and make positive change.
Why study this course at Birmingham?
- You will take part in a week-long bootcamp at the start of the course. The bootcamp will set the scene for the following modules through hands-on learning which is a key feature of the course. This is also an opportunity to come together with your new colleagues on the course and develop a sense of community with your peers.
- You will benefit from support in developing your career from the University of Birmingham Business Incubator (UoB Elevate) which is exclusive to innovative University of Birmingham students and graduate start-ups.
- You will be part of a small cohort on this focused, specialist programme, allowing you to develop a closer relationship with experts, staff, and fellow students.
- The course focuses on real global challenges with an emphasis on solutions through ethical and sustainable business practices.
- Business Bootcamp
- Sustainability and Responsible business
- Sustainable innovation
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Policy in Sustainability and Innovation
- People and Projects
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Whether you want to make a difference at an established organisation or launch your own business, you will leave Birmingham perfectly placed to meet the increasing global demand for sustainable business innovation. We also provide ongoing careers support for international students who wish to work in the UK after graduation.
You may choose to become a Start-up Entrepreneur in:
- Social enterprise
- Charity sector
- Start-up companies
Or you may choose to take a role in the public, private or charity sectors where there is high demand for graduates who can conduct research, analyse information and formulate and execute programmes of activity.
- In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.
- Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.