MSc Supply Chain Management
The Supply Chain Management programme at the University of Birmingham seeks to do exactly that. It has been designed with industry experts to help you succeed in your career and play a key and transformational role in the future of supply chain management.
|Full-Time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fee:||£28,530 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
This course is ideal for graduates from a range of backgrounds who seek a career in this field, as well as those with work experience in supply chains who seek further career development and professional accreditation, such as:
Recent undergraduates looking to specialise in supply chain or logistics
Supply chain or logistics professionals seeking to further develop their skills and obtain a qualification which reflects their experience
Other business professionals with relevant experience wishing to use the qualification to transition into a supply chain or logistic role
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Building Sustainable, Ethical and Resilient Supply Chains
- Procurement, Contracting and Supplier Management
- Digital Transformation and Supply Chain Analytics
- Supply Chain Design and Performance Management
- Research and Analysis in Supply Chain Management
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Supply Chain Management skills are in great demand and as a result, this is an attractive profession which with higher-than-average typical salaries. Graduates will leave University of Birmingham perfectly placed to take up key supply chain executive and management roles across a range of businesses, including manufacturing, retail and service. We also provide ongoing careers support for international students who wish to work in the UK after graduation.
Top jobs in Supply Chain Management include:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Sourcing Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Inventory Controller
- Transportation Planner
This postgraduate course is also a great first-step towards doctoral research in supply chain management for those wishing to pursue a career in academia.
- In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.
- Relevant experience is not a strict requirement but will add weight to an application.
- Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.