MSc/PGDip/PGCert Public Management and Leadership Blended
This Public Management and Leadership (Blended) programme from University of Birmingham has been developed in exclusive partnership with SOLACE, the representative body for Chief Executives and senior managers working in the UK.
|Part-Time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||£6,075 per full (MSc)
£4,050 per full (PGDip)
£4,050 per full (PGCert)
This Public Management and Leadership (Blended) programme from University of Birmingham will provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to thrive within the dynamic and challenging contemporary public sector environment.
The programme is designed for people currently working, or aspiring to work, in the public sector, and will equip you with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to become a dynamic and effective public sector leader.
In the School of Government we offer much more than a degree. As a student here you have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of events, with some or all of the costs paid for by the School.
This part-time programme will be delivered delivered through a mix of online and face to face content. There is also a research based dissertation.
- Public Management and Governance
- Public Leadership
- Performance, Strategy and Challenge
- Public Policy and Evidence
- Commercialisation of Public Services
- Digital Era Public Policy
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Why study this course?
You will develop the knowledge and skills you need to address leadership challenges in an uncertain and changing fiscal and political environment, helping to bolster your career prospects and opportunities for promotion.
You will be able to identify and evaluate the commercial opportunities in the public sector with consideration for your own service.
You will be able to respond to a raft of performance challenges facing your organisation through the strategic application of theories, concepts, and frameworks.
- Students should normally have at least an upper second class (2.1) degree from a UK university or equivalent in any subject. However professional qualifications and relevant experience will be considered where relevant.
- Students with the level 7 ILM qualification in Leadership and Management will enter the programme with 40 credits. The ILM qualification has been deemed equivalent to two core modules on this programme: Leadership in Public Services and Performance Strategy and Challenge. If your ILM qualification is more than five years old please contact the admissions tutor prior to making an application.