MSc/PGDip Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy
This Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy Masters programme from University of Birmingham focuses on advanced chemical engineering topics that inform the modern process engineering industry.
|Duration:||1 year (Full-Time)
2-3 years (Part-Time)
|Tuition Fee:||£26,640 per full|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
This programme focuses on exploring the key aspects of chemical engineering that we can use to answer these three questions, with a focus on the production, distribution, storage and use of energy.
Core modules will give you an advanced understanding of advanced chemical engineering principles and concepts relevant to multiple application areas. The wide range of optional modules will allow you to develop expertise in specialist areas, with a focus on energy.
The research project (MSc only) will allow you to undertake independent research with world-leading research teams within the school. Our graduates are well prepared for a career in a variety of industries and have an opportunity to capitalise on the growing global demand for chemical engineers in many sectors, including energy.
- Applied Synthetic Biology
- Measurement, Sensors and Design of Experiments
- Non-ideal materials
- Research Project (MSc only)
- Energy Storage
- Energy Systems and Policy
- Energy Systems Design
- Energy Systems Modelling
- Renewable Energy Systems
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Why study this course?
- In this Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy Masters programme from University of Birmingham, we consider the important aspects of chemical engineering in the 21st century that address the issues of the design and development of key formulated products and systems that will allow clean supply and use of energy, increase process efficiency, and enable healthy lifestyles. Such products include fuel cells, formulated foods, medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Our themed optional modules enable you to specialise in areas of chemical and process engineering that interest you; from clean energy including hydrogen fuel cells and thermal energy storage, the production and formulation of pharmaceuticals, formulation of structured food products, generation of bioproducts, and the business surrounding chemical and process engineering.
- Teaching is led by our world-leading research in chemical engineering, and during the research project students work within research groups on an original research project.
- Explore important aspects of modern chemical engineering, addressing the design and development of energy systems, key formulated products, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare technologies.
- You should have, or expect to obtain, a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (eg, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with sufficient Mathematics).
- International students applying for this programme will need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office before the University can issue you with a Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). We recommend that you apply for your ATAS certificate as soon as you receive an offer from us.