MSc Advanced Engineering Management
The Advanced Engineering Management programme at University of Birmingham is delivered jointly by the School of Engineering and the Birmingham Business School, combining the expertise and strengths of both schools to offer a high quality, distinctive and flexible course.
|Duration:||1 year (Full-Time)
3 years (Part-Time)
|Tuition Fee:||£26,640 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
Why study this course?
- Study in our new state-of-the-art School of Engineering building which includes a 179-capacity Design Centre and 160 drop-in study spaces throughout the building providing flexible learning.
- Developed to address the challenges faced by engineering graduates who move into general management or senior specialist roles, this innovative new programme will allow students to draw on the specialist expertise of both Birmingham Business School and the School of Engineering within the University of Birmingham.
- The flexibility this Advanced Engineering Management programme at University of Birmingham offers will allow students to specialise in a pathway most suited to their skills and career aspirations, or undertake a generalist route that will instil a broader insight into engineering management.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown’ of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- The MSc programmes in the School of Engineering are rooted in high-quality teaching and learning through enquiry-based and independent study, producing high calibre graduates equipped with the skills to excel in technical management.
- Students will benefit from our established links with industry, which can be utilised during the dissertation projects and form a solid networking base for prospective careers.
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Organisational and Operations Management
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Construction Management
- Engineering Production and Risk Management in Construction
- Sustainable Construction
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Preparation for your career should be one of the first things you think about as you start university. Whether you have a clear idea of where your future aspirations lie or want to consider the broad range of opportunities available once you have a Birmingham degree, our Careers Network can help you achieve your goal.
The unique careers guidance service is tailored to your academic subject area, offering a specialised team (in each of the five academic colleges) who can give you expert advice. Our team source exclusive work experience opportunities to help you stand out amongst the competition, with mentoring, global internships and placements available to you. Once you have a career in your sights, one-to-one support with CVs and job applications will help give you the edge.
- A 2:1 Honours degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Maths or Technology based subjects from a recognised institution. Applicants with a 2:2 Honours degree in the above disciplines alongside relevant work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.