MSc Advanced Engineering Management – Operations Management
The Advanced Engineering Management – Operations Management programme at University of Birmingham is delivered jointly by the School of Engineering and the Birmingham Business School, combining the expertise and strengths of both schools to offer a high quality, distinctive and flexible course.
|Full-Time Duration:||1 year (Full-Time)
3 years (Part-Time)
|Tuition Fee:||£26,640 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
The Advanced Engineering Management – Operations Management programme at University of Birmingham introduces core management concepts in semester one before you select a specialist pathways in semester two.
In this pathway you can expect to be exposed throughout the year to up-to-date knowledge of current and future trends within Operations Management while developing the skills of critical evaluation and analysis that you will need as an engineer of tomorrow.
You also have the opportunity to choose a mixed pathway route, tailoring the course to your requirements.
- Engineering Production and Risk Management in Construction
- Management Information Systems and Simulation
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Organisational and Operations Management
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Preparation for your career should be one of the first things you think about as you start university. Whether you have a clear idea of where your future aspirations lie or want to consider the broad range of opportunities available once you have a Birmingham degree, our Careers Network can help you achieve your goal.
- A 2:1 Honours degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Maths or Technology based subjects from a recognised institution. Applicants with a 2:2 Honours degree in the above disciplines alongside relevant work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.