MSc Accounting and Finance
The Accounting and Finance programme from University of Birmingham is designed to strengthen your existing knowledge, develop your skillset in accounting and finance for a sustainable business future, and prepare you for a successful global career.
|Full-Time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fee:||£28,890 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
Why MSc Accounting and Finance at Birmingham?
- Accounting and Finance graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations.
- Our innovative modules cover topics including accounting theory, financial management, and professional integrity, and give you the opportunity to study topics such as alternative finance, social and environmental accounting and international taxation. You will gain the knowledge needed for a career as a responsible practitioner at the forefront of emerging trends in accounting and finance.
- Get ready to re-shape the future of business with a sustainable global outlook. Our Accounting and Finance course has been developed by leading researchers in the field, with a focus on cutting-edge sustainable and responsible business practices.
- You have the opportunity to take part in the award-winning Future Leaders Certificate. This extra-curricular programme gives you the chance to work on an exciting virtual live project set by a multi-national company. The Future Leaders Certificate enables you to better understand the impact technology is having on the business world and the implications for your own career.
- Accounting Theory and Policy
- Corporate Financial Management
- Professional Integrity and The Reflective practitioner
- Advanced Management Accounting: Issues in Strategy and Accounting
- Alternative Finance
- Auditing Theory and Practice
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Strong Industry links
Graduates of the Accounting and Finance programme from University of Birmingham will leave Birmingham perfectly placed to take up key accounting and financial positions or managerial and consultancy roles in the private and the public sector. Fantastic career opportunities are available at leading accountancy firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations.
Top jobs in accounting and finance include:
- Corporate Tax Associate
- Audit Graduate Trainee
- Transfer Pricing Manager
- Internal Auditor
- Accounting Consultant
- Senior Analyst Risk Advisory
- ACA Trainee Accountant
- Finance Graduate Trainee
- Credit Risk Process Specialist
- Tax Specialist
- Commercial Finance Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in Accounting or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 at undergraduate level in Financial Accounting or Financial Reporting, AND Finance or Financial Management modules at an intermediate or advanced level. Additionally, applicants must have also achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 at undergraduate level in two additional Accounting and Finance modules.