MSc Accounting and Finance Pathway 2
Invest in a global career and reshape the future with our MSc Accounting and Finance degree from University of Birmingham.
|Full-Time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fee:||£28,890 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
The world of accounting and finance is fluid and ever-changing, with innovations and practice constantly evolving to deal with the major challenges the world is facing, locally and globally. To thrive in this industry, strong knowledge, intellectual imagination, integrity and up-to-date methods are essential. Our programme is designed to strengthen your existing knowledge, develop your skillset in accounting and finance for a sustainable business future, and prepare you for a successful global career.
- Accounting Theory and Policy
- Corporate Financial Management
- Professional Integrity and The Reflective practitioner
- Advanced Management Accounting: Issues in Strategy and Accounting
- Alternative Finance
- Auditing Theory and Practice
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Graduates will leave Birmingham perfectly placed to take up key accounting and financial positions or managerial and consultancy roles in the private and the public sector. Fantastic career opportunities are available at leading accountancy firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations. This course is also beneficial to entrepreneurs that want to have a solid knowledge of finance and its applications.
Our proximity to London, the global financial capital, and ever-growing relationship with key employers in the financial sector, will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations.
- In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in Accounting or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 at undergraduate level in Financial Accounting or Financial Reporting, AND Finance or Financial Management modules at an intermediate or advanced level. Additionally, applicants must have also achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 at undergraduate level in two additional Accounting and Finance modules.
- If the Honours degree is not in Accounting or a closely related subject but an applicant has obtained the required modules listed above, we can consider the application and will assess the academic transcript to ensure that the requirements have been met.
- Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.