Flexible and practical, the Master of Business Administration Executive programme from University of Birmingham is designed to fit in with existing career commitments, enabling managers across a range of industries and sectors to want to boost their career prospects.
|Part-time Duration:||2.5–4.5 years|
|Tuition Fee:||£32,580 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
Each taught module is delivered in an intensive four-day block spread over one long weekend. Modules are offered at six points during the academic year. You can complete the course in a minimum of two-and-a-half-years and a maximum of four-and-a-half years. The programme will equip you to move into more senior management positions, either in your own organisation or moving elsewhere.
Why study this course?
- The programme will equip you to move into more senior management positions, either in your own organisation or moving elsewhere.
- A flexible payment scheme allows you to break down tuition fee payments on a modular basis, meaning you can “pay as you study”.
- Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments.
- Birmingham Business School holds triple-crown accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Birmingham Business School is the UK’s oldest business school, bringing more than 100 years of innovative teaching and research.
- The University of Birmingham is a member of the Russell Group, an organisation of the UK’s top 24 research-led universities.
- The University of Birmingham is also a member of Universitas 21, the leading global network of research-intensive universities.
- Accounting and Finance
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
From the start of your MBA, you can request bespoke advice from our career consultants. Through one-to-one coaching, our industry experienced consultants will work with you to clarify your aspirations, helping you to develop a winning employment strategy to take you to the next level in your career.
Group and individual activities to enhance your skills
Throughout your MBA, you will have the opportunity to be involved in group and individual activities aimed at helping you develop the skills and techniques to support you to achieve your career goals. Some examples of the activities that you can undertake include online industry specific networking events, Distinguished Leaders alumni seminars and interview skills practice.
Employers and managers aren’t just looking for great qualifications. They want to see high-quality personal skills too, such as team working, leadership, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Our Skills Development Consultant offers individual appointments to help you shape and hone these qualities.
Alumni engagement and professional networks
During your MBA, you will have the opportunity to engage with alumni working at top international companies. Our MBAs have participated in a range of activities with companies such as IBM, Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, Mondelez, KPMG, Santander and HSBC.
- A good Honours degree (or equivalent), or equivalent professional qualification
- Five years work experience with evidence of extensive managerial experience or professional responsibility. Three years exceptional work experience meeting this criteria will also be considered
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band); TOEFL IBT 88 (21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing); Pearson Academic Test of English 59 (in all four skills)