MA Social Research (Business)
On the Social Research (Business) programme from University of Birmingham you will gain a solid foundation in a broad range of social science research methods as well as basic research skills.In the Social Research (Business) programme offered by the University of Birmingham, you will gain a solid foundation in a broad range of social science research methods as well as basic research skills.
|Duration:||1 year (Full-Time)
2 years (Part-Time)
|Tuition Fee:||£21,960 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
By taking the Social Research (Business) programme from University of Birmingham, you will acquire a general overview of the philosophy of social research, and understand how this informs research design, methods of data collection and analysis. You will also develop an ability to use a range of research methods, to communicate research findings effectively and an understanding of the potential use of and impact of your research within and beyond academia.
Why study this course?
- You will study at one of the handful of business schools in the UK that holds the prestigious ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Your employability options are vast and varied, our strong links with industry mean that rigorous undergraduate academic study is combined with a real practical focus, leading to excellent job opportunities.
- We are ranked the 4th most targeted university of top UK employers (High Fliers Research 2022)
- Philosophy of Social Science Research
- Research Design, Practice and Ethics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research
- Advanced Qualitative Data Analysis
- Analysing Hierarchical and Panel Data
- Documentary Research in Education, History + the Social Science
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Careers Network is the University of Birmingham careers and employability team offering: career fairs, employer events with top firms across the UK, start-up and entrepreneurial activities, and support. Internships and bursaries are also available exclusively to University of Birmingham students.
BBS Careers is a dedicated service for Birmingham Business School students. The team provides guidance, support, and work experience opportunities, tailored to business school students, to help you succeed during and after university. We offer workshops, alumni and employer events, and 1-to-1 consultations. These will help you to develop your skills and learn how to submit high-quality internship and graduate applications.
- In order to undertake a programme of study here at the University, you will need to demonstrate that you have a good level of written and spoken English. You can demonstrate your level of English with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or alternative qualifications. English Language test certificates should be no more than two years old on the start date of your chosen programme. The sections below will tell you what grades you need in these qualifications for the subject area you want to study.
- Some degree programmes have slightly higher requirements than those stated here. When this is so, we will ensure that you are informed using the contact details you have provided on your application. If you have been instructed and assessed in English language at a recognised institution, you may be exempt from these requirements.