MA Education (Learning and Teaching)
The Education (Learning and Teaching) from University of Birmingham is a part time route, designed for those with an existing teacher certification, currently employed in an educational context and who want to study themes relevant to Learning and Teaching at Masters Level.
|Part-Time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
|Tuition Fee:||£25,075 per year|
|Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
The knowledge and experience you will gain from this Education (Learning and Teaching) course from the University of Birmingham will place you in an ideal position to inform the development of Learning and Teaching within international educational contexts and support further improvement.
It will enhance your ability to lead research and practice in areas of curriculum development, Learning and Teaching.
On the MA Education (Teaching and Learning) programme you will:
- Engage with leading academics;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature; conducting research and enquiry to review and reflect on professional practice including aspects of pedagogy, assessment, Learning and Teaching;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in international educational contexts;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
- Learning, Teaching and Research
- Curriculum Development and Research
- Team work and Mentoring
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Your University of Birmingham MA Education (Learning and Teaching) qualification is evidence of your ability to succeed in a demanding academic environment. Employers target Birmingham students for their drive, diversity, communication and problem-solving skills, their team-working abilities and cultural awareness, and our graduate employment statistics have continued to climb at a rate well above national trends.
With a strong focus on connecting research to practice, and using and analysing evidence, this programme also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on a PhD programme.
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- 60 postgraduate credits of prior learning or certification (Please see APL guidance below)
- Two references, of which one must be academic (e.g. previous university tutor) and one professional, that confirms your current role in an educational setting and evidences your motivation and ability to study.
- A Personal Statement (minimum 500 – 700 words) on your motivation for and commitment to wanting to complete this programme of study as well as information about your educational context.