LLM International Commercial Law
This International Commercial Law programme from University of Birmingham will present you with the opportunity to understand how businesses operate globally and how states and the international system regulate the flow of trade and finance.
|Duration:||1 year (Full-Time)
2 years (Part-Time)
|Tuition Fee:||£21,960 per year|
|Location:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
The increasing relevance of this International Commercial Law programme from University of Birmingham makes it an excellent choice for those seeking opportunities in the commercial world and understanding of the global challenges it faces.
Why study this course?
- Learn directly from world leading experts – As a Top 10 UK Law School* we’re home to world leading experts including Professor Nelson Enonchong, author of three major practitioner works in the field of banking and commercial law and professional experience negotiating complex international commercial disputes and has acted as an arbitrator in international commercial arbitrations.
- Cutting edge curriculum – Mix leading academic theory with real world relevance and professional opportunities to further knowledge, career and specialisations through modules including Business Tax, Company Law and Commercial Conflicts of Law.
- Global community and academic outlook – Join an academic community of staff and students from around the world, where each individual brings a different lived experience into the academic discourse through shared discussion and debate.
- Unique opportunities for professional development – Explore postgraduate focused employability opportunities through our leading Centre for Employability, Professional Legal Education and Research (CEPLER) including research internships, pro bono activities and work experience.
- Fantastic funding opportunities – There has never been a better time to join the Birmingham Law School Community, with scholarships and awards of up to £10,000 for high achieving students.
- Banking Law
- Business Tax
- Commercial Conflicts of Law
- Company Law
- Financing of International Trade
- International Corporate Governance
“The transition from undergrad to postgrad can be a big step up in terms of workload and what is expected of you, but there is so much support available to you as a postgrad student, from academic writing support (if you’ve been out of education for a few years or just want a bit of extra help) to mental health and wellbeing services. The careers support is fantastic – the uni puts on employer fairs throughout the year and you have access to one on one support from the Careers Network team, who can help you develop your skills ready for your next step!”
Emma Sutton // PhD Psychology
Our graduates move onto a diverse range of careers, with many going on to work in top law schools and law firms. Some examples of where our recent graduates have gone on to work include: Linklaters LLP, 5 Pump Court Chambers, Bar Pro Bono Unit and Squire Patton Boggs. A number of our postgraduate students go directly from Birmingham to complete the Legal Practice Course or the Bar Professional Training Course.